Dr. Strange's Strange Thoughts
My first teacher I was assigned was Dr. Strange. I commented on his blog post "Plagiarism". In this post Dr. Strange talked about how he believes that at least a third of the EDM310 class did not understand plagiarism. Dr. Strange then described how to avoid plagiarism by listing two methods:
1. Always provide the source of the materials
2. Always put quoted material in quotation marks.
After listing the two ways to prevent plagiarism Dr. Strange gives three examples of why it is important students understand plagiarism. His three examples were:
1. A student can receive and F in the course or be dismissed from the University.
2. One can lose his or her job in the educational community.
3. One could fail to teach his or her students how to cite their works and they might suffer the consequences listed.
Dr. Strange concludes his post by stating that the only reason he s not bringing down charges on students is because he does not believe they fully understand plagiarism.